This year has been a hard year for me to plan. Especially since Geek Girl is a freshman in high school. So we had to figure out all her credits and other things that we needed to get in for the year. If we can stick to the plan this year (thank God there is room for adjustment if need be) we will finish by May 29th. Our starting day is August 18th. Geek Girl is actually getting excited about her education this year. I’m so glad since the other two don’t want to start back yet.
Anyway here is our list of curriculum choices for this year.
Boo (4th grade)
- History and Language Arts: Mystery of History Volume 1 (as a unit study)
- Science: Multiple Lapbooks from Hands of a Child; A Journey Through Learning and Homeschool Share
- Math: Printable Worksheets from various online resources.
- Bible: Memory verse copy work
Princess (8th Grade)
- History and Language Arts: Mystery of History Volume 1 (as a unit study w/various printable and online resources for supplement)
- Science: Supercharged Science
- Math: Saxon Algebra 1/2
- Bible: Memory Verse copy work
GeekGirl (9th Grade)
- History & Language Arts: Mystery of History Volume 1 (as a unit study)
- Science: Supercharged Science along with some supplemental Notebook studies on Biology
- Math: Saxon Math Algebra 1
- Extracurricular: Art History unit studies and Physical Ed (various online plans and daily exercise plans will incorporate the Wii Fit into this)
- Work Experience: Nursery work at the church as well as other volunteer opportunities throughout the year.
That is what I have planned at the moment and I am still working on all the minor details and planning but that is my overall plan and goal for what we will be using this year in our homeschool.
What are your plans? Leave me a comment below and let me know how your planning is coming along and/or when you will be starting back to school.
*This post does contain affiliate links and if you purchase items through the Supercharged Science and A Journey Through Learning links I will be compensated.
One Faith Boutique is a women’s clothing boutique with cute stylish clothing at affordable prices. One of the things I like the best about this boutique is that it gives back. It’s founded on Christian principles and part of their... Continue reading →
Apostle Paul By Nancy I. Sanders / Zonderkidz My Review: Do you want to help your child learn even more about different characters in the Bible. This is a great way to do that. ZonderKidz has put out these great... Continue reading →
A Match of Wits By Jen Turano / Bethany HouseTwo years ago, Zayne Beckett’s departure from New York City to meet up with his almost-fiancé caused Agatha Watson no small amount of grief. So he is the last person she... Continue reading →
Love Your Neighbor Matthew 22:37-39 “Jesus replied, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul and all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor... Continue reading →
NIrV Adventure Bible for Early Readers, Updated, Hardcover By ZondervanYounger children can share in the love for God’s Word with The Adventure Bible for Young Readers! Designed specifically for children still learning to read, this Bible is perfect for those... Continue reading →
All for a Sister, All For a Song Series #3 By Allison Pittman / Tyndale HouseGrowing up in Hollywood during the Roaring Twenties, Celeste DuFrane has it all—including a legacy in stardom. But after her mother passes away, she... Continue reading →
1 Corinthians 13:4-7 “Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not... Continue reading →
Mom’s of Faith is hosting a patriotic prize pack giveaway by Bomb Pop. I get the opportunity to help promote it for them. You can find out more about Bomb Pop by checking out the post on Mom’s of Faith.... Continue reading →
*affiliate links may be present Summer is in full swing, but you can keep those math skills sharp in just 30 minutes a day. Enjoy 3 months of FREE Math 4 Summer with A+ Interactive Math! The All New Family... Continue reading →